POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 : Re: Poser 5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 5
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 12 Jan 2004 19:58:05
Message: <4003429d@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> "GreyBeard" <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote in message
> <snip>
> > > Well, welcome to Poserland, whose inhabitants are supposed to go
around
> > > naked. Sometimes, they wear lingerie or SM gear ;-)
> >
> > You forgot, they also are only found in temples.  (Or dungeons, or alien
> > labs.)
> >
> > Not being artist enough, I'm pretty well stuck using what others have
> done,
> > unless it's a mechanical thing, then I can use a 3d CAD to build it.
> People
> > designed in 3D CAD tend to look like robots, and if I clothe them,
they're
> > wearing sheets of steel.  Not really what I want.
> >
> > I really hate poser, but it's about all that's available without going
> into
> > the megabucks to get a posed figure.
>
> Well, I'm not gonna be stuck with paying for clothes. I'm going to look
into
> a clean way to get the Judy and Don figure into HamaPatch (or just
SPatch).
> Might have to code it. If anyone has a solution already, I'm all ears (and
> nose, hips, etc.)

Gilles posted this a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure what type of clothes you
are looking for, but there are a few really nice period dresses for the
standard poser models, as well as for the DAZ models.
http://www.poserfashion.net

Also, if you ever look for hair, Kozaburo's hair works quite well (not
dynamic), and can be found here http://www.digitalbabes2.com in the
downloads section.  Some of these are add-ons for DAZ hair, others are not.

Anyway, there is some good free stuff available out there for Poser.

Or you could get really good at creating nudes.  I've been quite impressed
with the life-like nature of some that I've seen.  In all seriousness, Poser
models generally look best that way.  It's unfortunate, but true, imho.  Add
clothes and the illusion gets diminished.  Having said that, I probably
won't be doing any nudes, but maybe I'll change my mind.  It's just "not my
bag", as Austin Powers would say.

I'm almost embarrassed to own Poser.  Simply browsing Renderosity gives me
the opinion that many of the Poser users (from what I can gather), bought it
to fullfill some sort of fantasies by being able to dress up (or not) girls
with --- (I'll stop.  You know where this is headed).  I'll try not to make
any judgements on those that do that, since "nobody's being harmed", but it
can make things difficult if you're not into creating
Sexy/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Adventure images.  I used to do Fantasy sketches, not
too many years ago, but it seems like there's just too much of that floating
around these days.  For me, it has lost its appeal simply because of the
dilution.  It seems like there are a million artists all trying to be Boris
Vallejo, and most... well... aren't.  But that's just my opinion.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com